View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Magnum Wheel Man

Winchester... fairly asked questions...

& after cleaning up & going over this gun, I'm still not sure which way to go... the bore & cylinder chambers, which looked kinda questionable originally... cleaned up to almost look unfired ( it's amaizing how cruddy a perfectly good gun ca look if filled with 30-40 years worth of lint & dust )... I'm sure the gun has been fired, but it looks like it's in "almost unfired" condition, after cleaning the bore & cylinder...

my builder still wants to do this project, I paid less than $100.00 for the gun in the 1st place, & he works "extremely reasonably" on my projects, if it's something he likes to work on, & he wants to do this project, I expect I'll have less than $100.00 into the whole gun at completion if I decide to do the project... he also wants me to do some expiriments along the lines of what I'm currently doing with the 32 S&W & the 38 S&W with the 32 Colt cartridge... with the condition of this gun, there is no reason to expect that this one won't shoot as good or better than new with 32 Colt round ball loads... if we decide to do this, you would have to be very familiar with the gun, to notice any change... well except the 32 Colt ammo, not 30 rimfire long

check out this other thread on my 32 S&W loadings, & you'll see how much I'm "enjoying shooting" these old guns, & if these get Mrs Magnum out in below zero weather with me, I picture that on Saturday mornings during the summer, she'll come out & drink a cup of coffee with me on the shooting range, if I let her shoot a couple of the older guns with pop gun loads... enjoyment shooting...from that standpoint alone, it's worth the conversion

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=392794

BTW... as far as the BBQ gun... I think I got that covered with this one ( which cleaned up quite nicely as well... I'm currently looking for a showy vintage holster for for this one )....

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.03657 seconds with 8 queries