View Single Post
Old September 14, 2010, 07:03 AM   #1
Sigma 40 Blaster

Tall IDPA'ers - Advice Please

Last classifier match I shot I did well on Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 3 is always a bear, but I finally figured out exactly where I go wrong after having a buddy spot for me to determine which shots were giving me problems.

Stage 3 is where you have the tall partition at 20 yards from the targets and a barrel 15 feet from the targets. Strings 2 and 3 were my biggest problem spots, specifically kneeling behind the barrel engaging targets. My 20 yard shots were all 0, 1, or 2, the kneeling shots were 2, 3, or 5.

My approach to this as a right handed shooter is my left foot is my plant foot, my right knee is on the ground, I'm about a yard away from the barrel so I can lean forward and around the barrel.

I feel awkward trying to kneel down behind this barrel on one knee, keeping my head below the top of the barrel, and shooting around it. I'm so stretched out and off balance I'm lucky to hit anything. Kneeling shots where the cover is over four feet has not presented any issues for me. Any 6 foot plus IDPA'ers have this problem and conquer it? If so please advise.

Page generated in 0.03820 seconds with 8 queries