View Single Post
Old February 10, 2010, 08:29 AM   #14
Qwiks draw

The bashers like to hit on the locking block. That is a dead issue or the PT92 would not work so well or be as popular as it is. There's a recent attempt at smearing the PT 92 at this forum. Didn't work. Nothing of substance to hang the hat on.
I brought the evidence for it including the actual users, those who are own and work on them, as well as what gunsmiths have actually seen.
When asked for hard overall data against they came up dry.

Renowned gun gurus like Chuck Karwan and Mas Ayoob would not be saying so if these were bad pistols.

In Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery which they authored,still do, and for decades now, the gun is recommended to those who have to buy their own gun or just can.

The PT92s are considered replacement pistols for those who have their guns break during the rigorous 500-1000 round classes. Not only do the PT92 kin work, but do not break.

They've seen the high priced spread guns break,choke, and go down for the count. Not always, but it is fairly common enough for them and other gun instructors to notice.

Many shooting classes have seen more and more PT92s come in and finish the rougher courses. So take heart.

Then you already knew that.

No, I do not own a PT92 or it's kin. My hands and fingers don't fit them real well. I would if I could. I just come from where the actual owners other than here roam and have access to the archives as well.

Even the FAQ section at the "other place" puts the locking block thing to rest.

There are suggestons as to replace the block after 7000 or more rounds if need be. Other than that there is nothing for negativity.

Yes, I own other Taurus products, but this about the PT92/99 and kin.

So enjoy your pistols folks. They work and work well.

Page generated in 0.04516 seconds with 8 queries