View Single Post
Old December 13, 2007, 07:30 PM   #15
vox rationis

Quote:
The problem he is having isn't the same as someone qualifying with the pistol. He's doing competition shooting. Muzzle flip is a bad thing. It costs you time. The flatter you shoot the better.
Like I said above.... .40 in a plastic gun can be tough. That's one reason I know shoot a nice STI based 2011. It's heavier and just doesn't flip up like my HK .40 does. I shoot much flatter and therefore much faster with the 2011.
True, certainly the guns that have less inherent muzzle flip (and faster trigger reset for that matter) are superior for competition and there is a reason why 1911 based designs like your STI are so incredibly popular for competition.

Interestingly, or for what its worth, when I shot .45ACP and .40 from an HK USPc I couldn't tell much of a difference at all. If anything the .40 "snap" allowed me to get back on target more quickly.

Sigma, if the muzzle rise bothers you that much why not try another pistol, maybe in 9mm even? Or get a steel frame .40 gun. And I could get shot down here, but perhaps trying to shoot too fast too soon in the context of a competition might not be the best idea. Perhaps it is better to smooth out the grip/sight picture/trigger prep/recovery of front sight on target/etc technique before you throw yourself in a competition setting that could enforce poor technique and bad habits.

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries