View Single Post
Old October 28, 2010, 03:58 PM   #209
markj

Quote:
I just think it's amazing how many people can't imagine wanting to save the live of a family member who's more than three steps away from them.
I dont understand this at all, are you saying that a person cannot save the life of a family member without high levels of training? Hog wash.

Quote:
It sounds like a few people here are referring to an indescrible urge of most men, especially young men, to prove themselves. Not so much to others but simply to themselves. It is something that will hang over you until you perhaps finally have the experiences the finally get it out of your system.
I can follow this, but I am not a young man anymore, I have nothing to prove to anyone. I am fully confidant in my abilities to protect my family. I sure dont need no internet armchair warriors telling me what I need I get enough of that at home...... well not really.

I will stick with what the state of Iowa requires to achieve a permit.

Quote:
"Know how to", or be able to?
In Iowa you need to be able and show it on a range. Mince words, it is all blah blah blah to me now. This thread is a dead end like the hollow point vs fmj arguements some post in till they are blue in the fingers. Some must feel the pocketbook dictates their level of competancy. Spend more makes you better? Spend more will make the BG fall right down. Now thats funny.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries