View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012, 09:10 PM   #5071
Tasana Studios

Need Help to ID an Old Revolver

Hello; I am not a gun person, I was when I was a kid, used to hunt, and LOVED it, but I got into using a Canon (camera). Anyway since I am not a gun person I will most likely step on some guidelines, hope not.

Me and some friends are refurbishing an old house left abandon. It has stayed in the same family since it was built. In the course of time, all that lived and died there left their stuff. Well some other friends of ours got evicted from their rental due to landlord wanting to live in the house. So we are fixing up this house for them at no cost to them.

Anyway I am over selling all the "good" stuff and today we found a gun. I have been searching and searching, but to no avail. I intend to take this gun to a large pawn shop tomorrow. We are selling the stuff to raise the funds to do the repairs. (TMI?) Anyway I would be very grateful if I could get some help in knowing when this gun was made and what it might be worth. The Serial# is 483068 it is a S&W 5 shot double action revolver. It has some time wear in it but the chamber still has real nice movement and it still will open to load. (I would not try firing it) I was also wondering what caliber it was as well.
Thanks
Gregory

Page generated in 0.02586 seconds with 8 queries