View Single Post
Old October 6, 2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Method

BigJimP and others:

Thanks for the advice. The gun was as much as I could afford at the time, given that I was not 100% sure I'd really enjoy skeet shooting or competition.

After my first summer though, I've fallen hard. Getting something like a Blaser, Kolar, or Krieghoff is an exceptional investment...but for a lifetime of worry free shooting and top-notch competition I think it will be worth it for me.

I'll check with a local stock maker to see what a repair or a new fore-arm will cost. I'd like to avoid getting the an entirely new stock and forearm since that will probably cost more than the gun is worth. In the end, I think I might make the minimum repairs and then sell the gun (which I will honestly be able to say is in much better condition than when I bought it). Even if saving up means I spend a summer or two out of competition, I'm starting to think that it may be worth saving up until I can purchase something that will last me a lifetime. I may also look for a used quality gun with tubes and a case already in the package.

Based on quality, I'm starting to see exactly why the serious skeet competitors are all shooting the same very high quality brands.

Cheers.

Page generated in 0.02467 seconds with 8 queries