View Single Post
Old January 7, 2009, 04:37 PM   #17
divemedic

I work in public safety. I drive emergency vehicles, I supervise emergency responders. I perform emergency medicine.

In each of these cases, I am held liable for every decision I make, and for every action my subordinates perform. I can be held criminally liable for a traffic accident if I am driving an emergency vehicle that kills someone. I can be held criminally liable if I order a rescuer to do something, and that order results in the death of a member of the public, or a rescuer. I can be held criminally liable if I give the wrong medication to a patient and it results in the death of that patient.

As a concealed weapons holder, I can be held criminally responsible for shooting a bystander by accident. I can be held criminally liable for shooting a person as the result of an ND.

I do not see where using a pistol to kill a person, when the LEO meant to use a Taser is a defense. In each of the above cases, the death would have been accidental, but I would still go to jail. I don't think the LEO in this case should get a free pass. Let a court decide, which is why we have courts and juries to begin with.

Page generated in 0.02837 seconds with 8 queries