View Single Post
Old November 27, 2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Sigma 40 Blaster

Frustrating Range Trip

Hey guys,

I'm still pretty new to shooting, probably less than a year of really focusing on target shooting and group size reductions (or really just shooting groups). I have had zero formal training so I've been reading about different grips, different stances, trigger techniques...doing the best I can.

Last night I had a great group at 15 yards rapid fire, less than 2" for a total of eight shots. I finally had a GOOD grip on the gun, excellent recoil control, and VERY fast target re-acquisition and sight alignment. I reloaded and couldn't get back to that magic spot to save my life.

I do know what type of grip and stance I was using (a true isosceles and thumb over thumb grip) but am finally about to break down and go pay some money for group or individual training.

In the meantime other than just videoing yourself shooting what are some self-training and self-monitoring techniques (mental checklists) you guys use while you are shooting? I am aware that I could just be thinking too much and might do better just shooting...any advice here is appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02409 seconds with 8 queries