View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

thinking about a couple "hunting competitions" next year for my friends, on my range

I've been buying lil plastic animals, as I've been planning this for a while now...

thinking of having 4-5 shoots through out next summer... each shoot will have a theme

American small game & varmints... gun used... 22 LR only... small plastic small game & varmint animals will be spread out in groups at various distances on my range... maybe starting at my bench, with varmints, then as a group, everyone will walk down range to each stage, where shooting position would vary at animals ranging from squirrels, rabbits, badgers, raccoons, prairie dogs, etc.... each shooter will be allowed a set amount of shots 1-5, tailored by the distance, shooting position, & size of the target...

I have enough animals to do a big game African & North American game hunt, & a Dinosaur hunt as well... thinking on these hunts, I'd allow use of center fire 22's or 22 LR's ( I don't want to eliminate anyone's grand kids that haven't graduated to center fire yet...

I'd provide a trophy for each shoot, basically an un-shot animal on a plaque engraved with the hunt & date...

thoughts on anything I could do to improve things ??? size of the groups, will be limited by the amount of animals I have, & or 10-12 people for safety... animals will hopefully be pre-positioned in a "group" so we could just progress down range as a group... I have a bunch of little steel target stands I've made up, that a piece of double faced tape could be applied to, to hold the animals in place... was thinking about allowing shooting sticks for standing shots ( & more shots allowed ) maybe random drawing the shooting orders, in case some targets are easier to shoot than others, etc...

thoughts ???

one of the targets for the African game hunt... ( 4" high )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kudu.jpg (85.8 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; August 28, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 9 queries