Thread: A&P Arms A+++
View Single Post
Old October 15, 2008, 10:40 PM   #23
Ssgt Savage

Hot head

Since I am entering my mid-life crisis (that is half way or further towards the dirt nap, correct?) I tend to fly off the handle and am also one to hold a grudge. I am working with this and I can only hope that I'm not on double, super-secret probation. So I apologize to those members offended by the way I conducted my post. I let Zipakna (an A&P Arms employee or customer) get to me, bad day.

I still feel compelled to reply so that you can educate yourself and I can justify my comments.

A & P Arms and Norm Gladden will never gain my business in any shape form or fashion. Even the A&P advocate zippakna pointed out that Norm doesn't care, it's up to the employees.

My first visit there I left after only a 20 minute range session blowing lead dust out of my nose and coughing spent powder clouds. I used all lanes across the bays eventually ending up in one with a .22 cal hole shot through the acrylic separating the lanes. I got hit with a nice 110V@ 15A shock with one of their convenience heaters on more than one occasion and the range master, no matter what credentials and affiliations I hold, was usually a power hungry want to be LEO type, dumb as a bag of hammers... Perhaps they were threatened by my suit and shoulder rig but I have never had an issue at any range in my 35 years of range shooting including my military service and ROTC/JROTC.

A & P is the only range to have a fire that severe (- WHICH is still under investigation, wwww.Pilotonline.com archives (if you're a member), I can't paste link, it's an HTTPS URL if you want to see the proof on that.) In the history of any range in the southeast. I don't know of all the others but that was the report from the news.

What causes a major literal atmospheric explosion where the air burns towards you like a after burst from a back drafted fire? The comments are slim, phosphorous was mentioned in one article but I haven't found out much since a few months after the fire. I know he has court dates pending for some of the injured in the blast furnance type accident. REGARDLESS, that range should be safe no matter what. Norm burns through employees and they don't take care of the place. He ignores warnings, pays fines for his negligence and repeats that pattern regularly. IMO and from what I've heard LEOs that frequent there are getting good deals and are acquaintances of his.

The BBB unfortunately only keeps the last 3 years available online, you can request the full file of complaints online for a nominal fee. A & P
's BBB rating; "Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record..." Neither of the two complaints listed are the one I put in and others won't take that step to file a complaint. I was never given what was promised and paid for. I am not the only one to have made that complaint in the local shooting community there.

My only concern was and is the safety for those of us who are compelled to visit an indoor range three times a week as I do fairly often. I prefer my weekends in the back yard, but I still need a lane to stay sharp and blow off steam some times.

A&P has a proven track history of bad service, sales, potential deadly explosions and fires and the owner does not seem to care. Perhaps that is why local law dawgs are hanging their hats their...? Getting midnight tracer round practice? Class 3? Who knows.

So if you're in VAB and want to shoot all day check out C2 in Pungo, outdoor range, nice. Or Superior on the VAB Blvd near Independence Blvd for some 25 YD pistol and pistol caliber rifle or shotgun lanes. I've been going for years, never been shocked, never had to blow the lead out of my nose or brush it off of my targets, neverr caught on fire or been shot at. There are some new to weapons that screw up but it's handled professionally, not like the wrecking crew at A & P.

I'm done with this topic, thanks.:barf:

Page generated in 0.02413 seconds with 8 queries