View Single Post
Old January 30, 2007, 05:53 AM   #12
FS2K

I like 'em.

I guess I'm cool with the idea of cutting down as much metal to metal contact in all of my guns.

I use Shok-Buf brand buffers from Wilson Combat in my 1911 with ZERO problems.

I replaced the rear pin of both my Ruger 10/22's with Urethane ones. My first 10/22's rear pin was so hammered it would fall out once you took off the stock. That will never happen to either of the 10/22's I have now.

I have been using Shok-Bufs in my Glock G17 for almost 20 years without a hitch.

I have Shok-Buf's in my Krinkov's. Compared to my other AK's the Krinks are the smoothest shooters. The Buffers do make a noticable difference.

I have a Enidine Hydraulic Buffer in my Bushy M4gery.

I realize that there are allot of old timers here that haven't used them and don't need them. I respect that. But I have been using recoil buffers in allot of my guns for years with no problems, so when I hear someone say that Shok-Bufs cause feeding problems of fall apart and jam-up their guns, Well, I gotta wonder why it's never happened to me? Once installed, I forget about them. I check them of course after every shooting session but I wouldn't hesitate and DON'T hesitate to have one in my G17 that I carry with me sometimes for protection when checking my shop late at night. (usually it's my G26 which already has a 2 stage recoild rod so I don't have a buffer in it.)

Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 8 queries