View Single Post
Old September 24, 2012, 12:36 AM   #20
ronz

Gp100 that was it! I checked over the second batch that I cast at a lower temp hardly any had the ridge
I’m loading for a tokerav pistol bottle necked 7.62x25 want to keep the velocity near factory (1600 fps) don’t have a chrono but with 5.4 gr of unique its nowhere even close to factory levels
I pulled the bullet off a surplus round and used the powder in one of my test loads was at least double the power of what I loaded there isn’t a lot of published data for the tokarev so of course that’s the only round I want to load on the hot side
Still got some leading at the end of the barrel today going to try the wd unsized .311 with 45-45-10 next
I lubed everything twice with lla so was just going to coat them again with the 45-45-10 let me know if that isn’t a good idea and ill cast some new ones
Checked the bullets I left in the mould to cool they were .310 except #4 witch was .309 also checked the ones I lubed most were .311 with a couple of .310’s
I’m using an m-57 to test with slugged at .313/.301 same as my ttc the smallest was a cz52 at .311
I read all the threads I could find about casting for the tokeraves and most reported that the largest they could go was .309 before they had chambering issues so I ordered the .309 sizer but I haven’t had any problems using them unsized but only tried them in one gun so far

Page generated in 0.03657 seconds with 8 queries