View Single Post
Old January 19, 2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Doc Hoy

Meatsaw

Hellgate has some great info on nipples.

I have pretty good success with keeping revolver surfaces in good condition by washing them up EXTENSIVELY after each outing. I take the pistols down to parade rest every time I shoot them. Nipples come out and everything. I am probably over the top on cleaning but it is something I enjoy doing so what the heck?!

I use Crisco..... (Actually a generic equivalent because I am so tight I squeek. I squeeze a nickel until the buffalo poops. I am so tight my friends think I don't carry a wallet. I am so tight the homeless guy down the street gives me his change. I am so tight I send my cat over to the neighbors to eat. I am so tight both of my sons moved to Washington State to get away from me. Cavemen painted my image on cave walls with arrows stuck through me. I am so tight, I push my truck to work.)....and wax rings from under toilets at about half and half for bore lube and then rem oil for a protectant between shooting sessions. I douch it down pretty good with rem oil and wipe it with a cloth. But before I put it back together it is as clean as the day it was made.

I don't own a pistol with any rust and I don't own a pistol I can't get the nipples out of.

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries