View Single Post
Old February 12, 2010, 09:12 PM   #1
270winforlife

gunsmiths help! my 6.8 spc won't shoot

Hello all, I have a TC Contender G2 single shot rifle. I recently purchased a TC Arms 6.8 rem spc barrel for it. I bought four boxes of Silver State Armory ammo for it (two boxes with military primers and two boxes with commercial primers). I went to the range, loaded the ammo and heard clicking all day. The firing pin would only dent the primers, with the exception of one round that fired. I wrote to SSA and although they admit that my gun usually will not fire military primers (which are designed for AR15 platforms), they seem to believe its something with the firing pin tension or headspace (they don't know what the heck is wrong). EABrown (the company I purchased the barrel from) advised me to try remington ammo and will not allow a trade in for another barrel. Do I keep spending $25.00 a box for ammo that doesn't work?? The round seems to fit nicely in the chamber and there are small dents on the primer. The frame will fire shotgun primers all day long when I use them for muzzeloading ignition on my blackpowder setup. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries