View Single Post
Old April 27, 2008, 01:48 PM   #9
DIXIEDOG

Quote:
I just started to use my Hornady Lock 'N' Load for .40SW. At first, all was going well.

1. Then as time goes on, the loaded round would bind between the ejector wire and shellholder putting a monkey wrench in the entire process.
If you raise your ram there is a screw that holds the ejector wire. Loosen this screw and move your ejector wire in or out in small increments until your binding problem is resolved. There shouldn't be a need to bend your wire if you use this method.

Quote:
2. During the priming process, it appears to make the whole assembly to "shift" slightly counterclockwise. Is this normal? I've had a case or two to fight a full seating of primers. I keep thinking its not being allowed to press the primer in squarely, therefore binding up. The CCW movement is very slight and happens even when it's the only shell in the process.
As stated above this is caused by the Pawl adjustment. You will only get the clicking if you are way out of adjustment, slightly out and you will get the slight movement you are describing. Adjust you pawl in very small increments as the sweet spot isn't that large. If you struggle call Hornady and they will walk you through it.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries