Thread: Best 2nd Rifle?
View Single Post
Old January 13, 2014, 09:07 AM   #55
hbhobby

I find it humerous that every time somebody asks a question such as these you get lots of people saying well (insert any weapon here) cant kill as good as (insert their preferred weapon here). I happen to know for a fact that a .22 lr pistol will kill a trophy elk (a relative of mine was arrested for poaching one with the given combination). It is like has been said thousands of times. It is all about shot placement. A .22 short in the right spot will kill faster than a 975 H&Weatherby magna-gernade miss. So hunting in my opinion is 98% shot placement not caliber or distance. So if i can make the perfect shot with a .243 Win I am better off than a shot i cannot make with a .30-06.
Now to answer the OP question. My Favorite weapon is my remington 700 adl in 7mm rem mag. It has outstanding ballistics even way out there, great selection of factory ammo and available components for hand loading.
That said i do have a .243 Win (that has killed an AZ elk), .300 H&H Mag, 7mm mauser, .30-30, .30-06, .45-70, .50, .357 mag, .45 acp and multiple .22 lr
But what do I know i am only a fat guy at home with his Ipad?

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries