View Single Post
Old August 4, 2013, 11:49 PM   #47
ClydeFrog

CP-TED....

I'm not a super expert on security systems or a SME on crime prevention but I have heard of what many instructors & security consultants call; CP TED or "cep-ted", which is crime prevention thru environmental design.
Bushes with thorns, vehicle barriers, open spaces with CCTVs/DV cameras, levels, locks, etc all are part of a CP-TED system.

I've brung it up on gun/tactics forums before in the past but one of the best examples I ever saw was a episode of Montel Williams old TV talk show.
A young woman was discussing how TV reporters or well known public figures can have major problems with obsessed fans or stalkers.
The TV reporter said a stalker was able to get access to her condo & the problems she had with the lax security.
Williams(an enlisted Marine who went to the US Naval Academy) cut in & ask the woman why she chose to live in such a unsafe area.
He was 100% right!
People need to be pro-active & have a security plan or system.
If a apartment bldg is unsafe or risky, don't live there! If a hotel or motel looks rough, do not stay there.
I'd pay the extra $15.00 or $20.00 to stay in a upscale chain hotel room then be at risk in a run down dump.

Clyde

Page generated in 0.02606 seconds with 8 queries