Thread: open carry
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2008, 05:05 AM   #30
MSgt G

Here in Georgia, with a Georgia Firearms License, you can carry open or concealed. I mainly carry concealed, but do carry open on occasion. It's good to have the RIGHT to do either. I don't think we need to give up ANY of our 2nd Amendment rights.

I have witnessed no "John Wayne" types here. In fact, most people are even more polite than the average citizen. The LE doesn't bother me (in fact they aren't supposed to stop you to ask to see your license just because you're carrying any more than they're supposed to stop you while you're driving your car just to ask to see your license; there needs to be another reason.)

I've never had anyone even say a thing about me carrying open. Of course, I always dress so I look "presentable" so as to not give a bad appearance to the non-gun crowd. We don't need to give them any more "ammunition."

Again, it's good to have the option to do either. And remember, once we lose our rights it's hard to get them back. I think we, as responsible gun owners, should support both open and concealed carry then choose our own preferred carry method. Remember, we're on the same team and in this fight together.

If anyone is interested, check out www.GeorgiaCarry.org. These folks are doing amazing things for gun owners here.

I'm not a Texas resident, but if I can legally sign this petition please let me know.

Page generated in 0.03317 seconds with 8 queries