View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 12:10 PM   #15
Sevens

A couple things I have noticed from the picture...
The trigger and hammer appeared to be "jeweled", so that would be another custom touch by Volquartsen. Also, those grips do not jive with that cylinder stop. By the time Smith & Wesson went to those grips, they had already moved to the integral (as opposed to press-fit) cylinder stop. (I think?)

Of course, when a custom builder works on a factory gun to produce a product, timelines get quite skewed, but I figured it was worth mentioning. I like the way those grips feel in the hand, but I can't get on board with the look. Being that I don't see a S&W logo on them, they could simply be an aftermarket Hogue monogrip that was added by Volquartsen or a previous owner.

The rear sight doesn't look like most S&W adjustable revolver sights that I'm familiar with, but that is out of my area of familiarity. It's the angled horizontal piece that looks different to me. It would seem as if that's custom, too. If I'm taking a stab in the dark, I'd say that from the side it almost looks like a Millett adjustable sight.

Page generated in 0.03590 seconds with 8 queries