View Single Post
Old June 11, 2000, 01:30 PM   #18
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

When I "re-retire" when this census supervisors job is over. I am going to run a test (after checking out the fish in the
Atchafalaya Basin and after the list of honeydo's that grows longer by the day ). I am going to take my 03A3 Springfield and my M1 Garand and fire in both commercial, Military ball, and handloads, and chronograph same. It will not be purely scientific because the Springfield's barrel i cut back to just behind the frontsight dovetail. That means it has a 22 1/2 inch barrel. This rifle was new when i acquired it but has had several thousand rounds through it. The Garand I acquired from CMP and although it is used (SA March 1945) it has the original barrel (I think that because its dated 3/45)and, the barrel is in great shape, the muzzle is tight, rifling is clean, sharp, and bright, and the TE is just over 2. I know that unless both barrels were the same length, and new, it is not comparing apples to apples, but i still think the results may proove to be interesting. When (IF :rolleyes I get this done I will post the results here for all to view.

------------------
Carlyle Hebert

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 8 queries