View Single Post
Old November 27, 2011, 10:19 AM   #1
nopants

Non-resident ownership laws in CA

I am going to be moving to CA soon from NH and have a few questions. I will maintain my NH residency since I will only be in CA for 6-12 months.

1) It is my understanding that suppressors are not allowed at all in CA. Is this true?

2) Do I need to make sure my firearms are on the approved roster for CA, even as a non-resident? I want to bring a USP SD 9mm, but it is not listed on the approved list. I also have a USP 9mm V1 that is on the approved list.

3) I believe that CCW is impossible without a CA residency and even with residency, it is up to the town and very hard to get in most cases. Do I need any other permits or registrations to keep a firearm in my own home, specifically the registering of firearms with the "New resident handgun ownership report"?

4) The laws seem to prohibit bringing any high capacity magazines into the state. Does this include magazines purchased before 2000, even though they were purchased out of state? I have no proof that my magazines were purchased before 2000 and they look pretty identical to ones purchased after 2000. Can I bring in pre-ban mags with date markings or other age proof?

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries