View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Doc Hoy

A day is not wasted upon which you learn something

Those SOBs at Cabela's with their outstanding deals got me.

Bought the 1860 for 169.00 plus shipping. (20 bucks off until 08/09). Then the trouble started.

Cabela's shipped it UPS with adult signature required and Gov't issued ID examined to verify the sig.

I was in Florida on business and Mrs. Doc Hoy happened to be out of the house (making some money so I can turn around and buy the Remington) when the UPS dudette arrived.

Pistol not delivered since no one was home to sign.

Wife made the notation to UPS to leave the pistol without sig. After all, who would steal a brand new revolver?

UPS wheenie still did not leave the pistol.

Spousal unit then arranged with the neighbor to sign for the pistol. Neighbor's sister is not a resident of Virginia and is without a gov't ID.

Still no pistol.

Finally went to the UPS warehouse and picked it up today. (Just got back from FL.)

I got on the phone with Cabela's to cuss them out for their intransigent and idiotic shipping policies, only to be told that if I wanted the pistol shipped without the requirement for a signature, all I needed to do is to say so.

I learned two things.

1. I have the option to get Cabela's to ship to my door without the requirement for a signature. (Chancy but probably will be my new delivery mode.)

2. It is possible to wipe egg off one's face while simultaneously eating crow. (A practice I will try to avoid in the future.)

Page generated in 0.02288 seconds with 8 queries