View Single Post
Old February 24, 2006, 11:19 AM   #8
PPD7617

Black coyote

I recently took this black coyote.
Male
39lbs
I debated on telling the story but I'll add it in, it's a little embarassing but funny.
It was dark and partly cloudy with snow on.
Two came in and I shot the smallest one thinking it was a female. I kept calling using a pup in distress call but if the other one came back or any others came in I didn't see them.
I went out and was surprised that it was black. I'd heard of them but never seen one myself. This dog had battle scars galore, a broken tooth, a split tooth and an open wound 1 1/2" oval on his left rib cage not quite through the hide and had been in a skunk in the recent past.
I slung my rifle on the left shoulder and grabbed his hind legs to pick him up. As I swung him up to a carry position it felt like he pulled back on me. I panicked thinking he was still alive and did my best to throw him. I stumbled back away and landed in a sitting position about 10 feet away. Finally I got my rifle leveled and the light on. I watched him for a minute with my heart pounding like mad and he didn't move. I made sure he was dead AGAIN and then noticed that he had a gimpy right hind leg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black coyote 2.JPG (223.7 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg black coyote 4.JPG (203.8 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg black coyote 6.JPG (241.5 KB, 151 views)

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 9 queries