Thread: TAURUS
View Single Post
Old June 3, 2013, 12:36 PM   #17
Winchester_73

Quote:
I would much have preferred the Smith Model 17 or 617 but $800+ for a .22lr...
I understand what you mean about $800 being expensive in general, as in a fair amount of money, but remember, the caliber itself does not change how much workmanship goes into any gun by any manufacturer. In other words, a well made 22, such as a 617, should not be much cheaper than a 357 magnum from the same company. The same thing is true for 22 rifles. I can't tell you how much grief I was given for buying a Winchester high grade tribute legacy 9422 by friends of mine for $1000. They would say "but its only a 22" which actually means very little when you're pricing a quality firearm. If the company places the same great materials and does all of the checks and balances the same, it will be near the same amount of money. And just like if you're talking 357s, a cheaply made one sacrifices certain traits to become cheaper, and a cheaply made 22 sacrifices certain attributes just the same.

If you want to say an $800 22 is not worth it to you, that's one thing, but there is no appropriate set amount to spend on a given caliber, its all a matter of how much quality you want for your money.

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries