Thread: Caps
View Single Post
Old August 26, 2010, 01:11 PM   #18
noelf2

Clembert

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OPs questions (perhaps he can clarify??). My interpretation is that he currently pinches #11 caps, and that works for him (but wondering if a #10 would be better). Now he's wanting to get a capper (not a big hammer to solve a small problem -- He just wants one!) and is wondering if pinched caps will work through it. My answer was that he may not need to pinch #11s because he'll be better able to press on #10s instead. I don't know if there will be an issue pressing on pinched caps from a capper, so I can't really answer that question.

**For me**, the most practical solution is the least expensive one that allows me to have the most flexibility and reliability with products available locally. I don't want to have to look all over town or online for the only percussion cap that works for my revolver-nipple-cap combination, today, and may not work tomorrow. I find that I can use ANY #10 cap on my Pietta 1858 revolvers if I take care to very firmly seat the cap, and this is done best and safest (for me) with a $12 capper.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries