View Single Post
Old October 15, 1998, 04:31 PM   #3

Ken,

While awaiting Ty to sort out his connectivity arrangements, I took the liberty of asking the former Commander of Fort Greely, AK, if he had any recommendations that might assist you in your planning and coordination.

He indicated you may not need a "hunting guide" as not all game requires a state certified guide to hunt. Since I didn't know what you had in mind I was in the uh-huh and nodding my head vigorously up-&-down mode. So herein lies the first task, determine what to hunt.

He also indicated you'd need to know *where* you want to hunt, as each guide has a specific *box* or region where he is licensed by the state to conduct guide activities. This will determine *who* is your guide, should you in fact need one.

Lodging may be in the local community, depending on how much time you want to spend gawking about. Or, perhaps you & your partner would prefer to go straight away to a line shack, depending on the guide's resources and the package you arrange.

I won't have the opportunity to meet with him again until next Monday, but if you know some of the preliminary info, I can get more baseline info for you to compare and contrast as you put your trip together. He not only spent several years of official time there, but periodically returns to hunt. He has considerable info regarding that pursuit available from his personal library. There is no fee for this, but there is no little expectation of a report on the trip and lots of pictures to load onto the site.

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries