View Single Post
Old June 16, 2014, 10:14 PM   #1729
Doc Holliday 1950

New to TFL

Hi Everyone. Been carrying since 1970 when I was on home town police Reserves. Qualified on FBI range and carried a 4 inch 357 mag Colt Python.
Got married 33 yrs. ago and sold the Colt. Should have got rid of the wife(which came later). Now I have 2- 357 mags. one's a 2 inch Rossi with laser sights and the other is a 4 inch Windicator 357 mag. I picked up the EAA and to me the balance was terrific. Had the trigger worked on and it's not pretty, but don't care if it's pretty as long as it shoots every time and exactly where I want it to go.Even my wife(2nd) likes it. I had a 9mm Millennium with Poly frame. Talk about recoil and jumping around. Give me steel every time and the 357 mags never jam. If I need 12-22 shots, then I'm dead no matter what. One great placed shot beat the heck out of 22 rounds.
I spent weeks reading this expert and that expert on what to use for Critical Personal Defense and everyone had different thoughts. Finally bought 357 mag 125 grain JHP from Remington. Shoots like a dream and the noise and recoil absolutely don't bother me. Also spoke to the master gunsmiths at EAA and Rossi and both said the same thing DO NOT USE 38 special +P loads.
Glad to be here.Yes, I love being a "Junior Member".

Last edited by Doc Holliday 1950; June 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.02250 seconds with 8 queries