View Single Post
Old June 2, 2005, 10:01 AM   #19
Doug.38PR

RWK, Double Naught Spy,

Both of you are speaking about negligence. Say we are in a mall full of people and some Bad Guy walks in with an AR-15 and starts stooting up the place. This whole even occurs in 5-10 seconds. I am 25-50 yards away sitting at a table in the food area and bullets are being sprayed all over and the "sprinkler" could spray in my direction at any moment. The longer he is standing the more people are going to die every second. I pull my .38 special BAM!!, (he stumbles and his rifle is still popping off shots). BAM!! BAM!! (he goes down) One of those bullets either misses the intended target or overpenetrates him and hits say Double Naught Spy as he was running behind the Bad guy or between us in all the confusion trying to get away. How am I negligent? The Bad Guy needed to be stopped right then and there, there is always a possiblity of overpenetration you can't do anything really about that unless you use Glazers or regular .38 specials which takes down your effectiveness in other areas (like shooting through windshields with Glazers is not effective or effectiveness of the cartridge pressure) and even then their is still a possiblity of overpenetration, there is always the possiblity of missing the badguy especially when he is moving around. There is always the possiblity that a person in a critical situation my run in between you and the bad guy right at the moment your hammer hits. Yes you are hurt, maybe even dead and your family is without you for the rest of their lives and that is sad indeed. BUT a dozen more people are saved because the bad guy is dead and is not shooting people anymore. As I see it. The Bad Guy is the one that caused all of this pain and suffering. Not me, not the other people in the mall, not the police, not you. The Bad guy is the cause and the one who is responsible. He is the one that caused those bullets from my gun to have to be fired. Yes you want to be careful and avoid hitting good guys but that is not always work out no matter how careful you are. And if you are too hesitant and careful then you and a lot more people are going to die.

Same thing with the Granny Perkins situation. The Bad Guy is the one that was chasing me and trying to kill me. He is the one who caused my having to flee for my life in a desperate situation which lead to the whole chase and Granny Perkin's unfortunate death.

Again, if Double Naught Spy or Granny Perkins situations were reversed with me, and I was the one injured or killed I still say the same thing. The Bad Guy should be at fault. The Good guy with the gun just did what he had to to stop the crazed criminal.

If I become paralyzed, then in that situation I should trust in a sovereign Almight God that my situation has been permitted to happen and I have to live with it just the same as if I had been struck by lightning. I should be thankful that the villian was stopped and nobody else was hurt. I should not blame the other guy with the gun or a policeman or whoever dropped the creep with the AR-15.

Yes you can do a lot of "what if's" or "he could have done ______" but I could respond with an equal number of "well if I had done that then ______". When someone is making a judgement call in a critical situation where someone else (namely the Bad Guy with the AR-15) is causing harm to you me or other people you just shouldn't be able to place blame for what happens at the feet of anybody but the Bad Guy with the AR-15.

Obviously there are negligent situations, like say if I see someone getting mugged at 100 yards away and I pull my gun and "spray" all six shots in the direction of the criminal and the mugging victim and the mugging victim is shot with the mugger taking off running then obviously that was a foolish move.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries