View Single Post
Old August 17, 2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Oooooh.... this leather working thing is addictive...

stopped by the local "trading post" a local Tandy dealer with lots of Feibings products as well... bought some 3/32's black Pro Lace & yes... some Dr. Jacksons Hide Rejuvenator... I was out of black dye, so I had to get some of that, picked up some saddle tan while I was at it... got a Tandy rotary punch, the "deluxe" model... has the changable tips... but if you buy one, make sure the tips contact squarely on the brass pad... mine doesn't, & it won't cut out the holes well... I think I can use my bench vice & maybe perswade it to work though... another pack of size 18 tapistry needles... & a couple other odds & ends

my Ostrich leg leather aught to be here before the week is out... while I'm waiting, I've been doing "samplers" of the stiching patterns I'm goin to be doing on this next holster... this was supposed to become a winter hobby, but with the high heat & humidity ( & mosquitos ) I found myself down in the "man cave" sewing to my hearts content, several nights a week... hmmm... must be getting old or something ???

Page generated in 0.03264 seconds with 8 queries