View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 11:57 PM   #19
dacaur

Now that I have my autoprime, I have a big tupperware container filled with sized and primed 9mm brass. The hope is to someday have a bunch of those filled, but finances dictate I can only buy about 500-1K primers a month, (plus finding the brass when I go shooting, right now I have more primers than brass). From there its into the turret to finish each round complete....

Actually, its kinda nice that way, less time in front of the press, overall and at once.... I will sit and deprime/size a few hundred fresh tumbled cases at a time, those go into one container, then later when watching TV I will use the autoprime to prime them and put them into the other container, then when I load them I only have 3 quick stations (expand/charge, seat, crimp) and each round is done... before it was deprime/size, prime, expand/charge, seat, crimp.... I just cycle the press to skip station # 4 as I am putting the completed round in the tray and reaching for the next case.... I just leisurely pumped out 100 rounds in about 30 min, but for the first 50 my 3 year old was "helping" me so.....

Page generated in 0.03118 seconds with 8 queries