View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Crosshair

What I see that is already happening is an increase appreciation for suppressors. Every year we see better designs and new innovations. Even with the current 6 month wait for a form 4 the suppressor industry is booming. We also see more and more manufacturers factory threading their guns with suppressor grade threading. Actually there is a larger interest in NFA all around than even five years ago.

Quote:
An increase in laser range finding capability and magnification for rifle scopes so equipped.
Most defiantly.
Quote:
A substantial reduction in price for laser range finding rifle scopes.
Yup.
Quote:
Small, low profile, ultra-durable holo sights replacing iron sights on production semi-auto handguns.
Not exactly sure how this would be accomplished without adding measurable bulk vs iron sights.
Quote:
Rifles with gyroscopic stability systems... which include recoil stability.
The power and weight penalty is going to be significant and you probably won't see it outside bench competitions.
Quote:
Sub $500 rifles capable of 1/2 MOA.
Probably.
Quote:
A move from brass, steel and aluminum to a non-metallic cartridge case.
Been tried many times, it either doesn't work or isn't cost effective. Unless some sort of Wonderfulonium gets invented, steel and brass are what is going to be used. Any other materials simply have deficiencies that make them non-starters and steel cases are so stupid cheap that it would be little more than a niche market anyway.
Quote:
Imbedded chip identification of firearms.
No point and serious liability. Chips are less durable than a stamped serial number and easier to permanently destroy. Liability wise, if you're thinking RFID chips, what better way to find out who is carrying concealed than by just sitting in a van with a directional RFID reader, which are becoming cheaper by the day.

Page generated in 0.05220 seconds with 8 queries