View Single Post
Old December 23, 2013, 07:53 PM   #31
Forrest68

I started out on a lee pro 1000, which from what I understand is a piece of junk if you listen to a lot of reviews. It can be a lil fussy to work with at times, but it you take your time setting it up you will save yourself a bunch of headaches. I probably spent 2 weeks when I first got my press, setting it up, taken my time maken dummy rounds, tweeken it, going over everything again and again. Maken sure I had it set properly and now I can set it up for the calibers I load fairly quickly less than 30 minutes(I don't like to rush things) . I shoot pistol, so the progressive allows me to load alot of round fairly quickly and not take all night doing it.

So the answer to your question is, it depends, some people can pick it up and other won't. I honestly believe if your loaden pistol calibers only progressive is teh way to go, as other have said if your loaden rifle , you will eventually want a single stage anyway. So starten out on a single stage may be the way yo go. What ever you deside works for you just remember take yoru time read your manuals, doulb check everything and enjoy yourself. This is supposed to be fun after all good luck and welcome to the addiction.

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries