View Single Post
Old June 18, 2011, 10:10 PM   #15
TunnelRat

Range Report:
Took my M&P to a beautiful new indoor range today. Went through 200 rounds of 115 gr FMJ Remington with 0 issues. Mechanics of the gun seem superb.

In addition I did NOT see the low shooting phenomenon this time. At 7 yards I was getting beautiful groupings all in center. At 15 years it opened up somewhat, but to be honest that is likely on me as I don't have a lot of practice at longer distances. Still I saw nothing to make me believe it was inherently shooting low. My friend who came with me also did not see or feel that the gun was shooting low.

Who knows? I do think I had the front sight buried too low when I was shooting last time. As others mentioned you really want to completely cover the POA with the M&P. I will keep an eye on it and if I do see a true problem will report it here. For now it's probably one of my most favorite firearms what with the speed which I have been able to get a good feel for it.

I may bring it to my gunsmith just to make sure the sights are centered. I've heard this can be a good idea for fresh from the factory guns regardless.

Thanks for all the advice,
-TR

Page generated in 0.03100 seconds with 8 queries