View Single Post
Old March 14, 2008, 06:53 PM   #31
bushidomosquito

Let me clarify the circumstances I'm talking about. I don't carry so no dark alley scenarios here. I keep a G-23 loaded in the nightstand simply because it has to live somewhere and why not have it ready, right? Missouri has a castle doctrine so if I find someone in my home I have only to consider their actions before I fire. Now, IF I have to engage a BG in my home there will be that period between when I tell him that he had better lay down where he stands because I'm within my rights to shoot him and him deciding his next move. Now one thing a castle doctrine does is insure that only the most brazen and fearless (or stupid) criminals enter your house at night. I have absoloutly no reason to think this is a man of reason at this point. I think I would want to have the sights lined up on his forehead with all the slack pulled out of that trigger at this point because that's how I hit the mark. If he makes any sudden moves that startle me then tough, that sudden move could have been him going for his own weapon.

My whole train of thought is just where do you draw the line between actions that warrant you pulling a gun on someone and actions that warrant pulling the trigger? I would think in most situations they would be one in the same.

"Bush is listening, use big words."

Page generated in 0.02351 seconds with 8 queries