View Single Post
Old November 23, 2004, 10:23 PM   #5
Dwight55

goosevr, . . . your question is interesting and the comments have been good so far.

45 fu has the absolute right idea, . . . no question about it, . . . giving up your firearm may not embolden him/her, . . . but it also very probably will not engender warm and fuzzy feelings and cause him/her to give up and be nice.

You must, must, must keep your firearm and you must convince the bg that he has one out and one only, . . . put down his weapon and walk away.

The shot you may have to take may very well be after he has shot, . . . but if you keep your sights on him/her, . . . you just might get the shot that will end the confrontation. Keeping the pressure on him/her will eventually end the situation, . . . even if it is when you turn the thing over to an LEO.

The longer you can prolong the situation and keep him/her from shooting, . . . the better chance you will have to convince them that you are serious about only giving them one option.

Your words must convince them that shooting at you will get them killed (even if you aren't that good a shot), . . . and you must convince them that instant death awaits them if they pull that trigger on your friend/loved one.

Tell em about the .44 magnum you have in your hand (even if it is a .32, . . . very few bg's know enough to call you on it), . . . about how it will decapitate them and disembowel them at the same time with only one shot.

Bg's by and large are jerks, whackos, and generally just plain dumb. Play on that shortcoming. Out psych them!!!!!

Brag about your ability (even if it is totally non existent), . . . about the shooting trophies you have won (even if they say "Worlds Luckiest Fisherman"), . . . in short: convince the bg that the only option is their leaving, . . . and if they are willing, . . . let em go.

LEOs can find em if you get a good description, licence number, etc.

Anyway, . . . that is my plan. At 60, I'm too old to scuffle with one, . . . and I ain't gonna bargain/trade with em, . . . leaves only my ability to be a cagey old coot that will shoot, given the opportunity, . . . but will do and say most anything to get the situation under control without a shot fired.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02567 seconds with 8 queries