View Single Post
Old May 5, 2009, 01:50 PM   #26
Gomezy3k

I have 13 extra cylinders for my 4 Pietta Remington revolvers. I learned a long time ago back when I got my first C&B that extra cylinders was a must. I went shooting with some friends and they had cartridge revolvers and I had my Uberti Remington. They shot about 10 times faster than I did because of the reloading time. Unfortunately since the Uberti was an old one that was Metric I was never able to get more cylinders for it.

When I joined SASS I started with two Pietta Remington's and I reloaded my two Remington's after each stage and it took me almost the whole time between turns to reload. So I got the extra cylinders and loaded them the night before. I have enough to shoot a whole match (and if extra are needed I can reload as needed)... I keep them in a Tupperware container so it was air and moisture tight and shooting was a lot more fun. I would shoot, go back to my gun cart, remove the empty cylinder and wipe the gun down and insert a new cylinder and was able to go count or help out as needed... I made some cylinder holders that were very similar to cap pouches and can carry 4 on my belt when I go out walking in the desert... I also carry a tube of grease, caps, powder and balls to reload as needed... I carry the cylinders capped when out walking around and uncapped for matches. As for the powder falling out the nipples, the powder is fairly coarse and unless you are using old nipples with the flash hole burned way out, the amount of powder that would fall out is minimal... Not to mention I store the cylinders with the nipples up (waxed paper on bottom of Tupperware keeps the grease from messing up stuff) so powder cannot fall out anyway...

I also have two of the .45 conversion cylinders and when I go out desert walking I can carry one of the conversion cylinders in a cylinder pouch ready to swap out... Sure beats wearing two guns weight wise...

Last edited by Gomezy3k; May 5, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.03858 seconds with 8 queries