View Single Post
Old June 13, 2010, 12:38 PM   #3
uspJ

I'll see if i can rephrase my question to accommodate you.

I have heard conflicting reports that the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,and Firearms) has classified the Draco as a handgun, but not a pistol. I have also been told that it has been classified as a pistol, but not a handgun.

I have been told that if I add a vfg (Vertical Forearm Grip) to the gun, and will be legal due to the handgun but not pistol loophole. I have also been told that this is incorrect, and would require an AOW (Any Other Weapon) stamp from the BATF. If I can legally add a vfg to the gun I would like to do so before going ahead with the SBR build to see if I like this setup. If an AOW is required I would be better off going with the SBR build since I could add or remove the stock as I see fit.

Quote:
Once a weapon is classified as a SBR you can take the stock on and off at will.
Thanks for confirming this.

Quote:
The only way something can be classified a handgun but not a pistol is if it is a revolver.
Really? Does the BATF know about this? So where do single shot handguns such as Thompson Contenders fit in? How about Derringers?

Quote:
You might get more responses if you rewrite your question using capital letters and punctuation where appropriate. Folks would be able to understand it better.
Thank you for the grammar check. It was informative, helpful, and relevant.

Quote:
I never heard of the accronym of a vfg.
I could recommend you check the spelling and definition of acronym, but that wouldn't be relevant to the topic posted.

Last edited by uspJ; June 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.02945 seconds with 8 queries