Thread: "Yippy dogs"
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2005, 10:36 PM   #41
Abby

OK - I wasn't going to do this, since it's not the dog type you were interested in..but I will anyway.

One word: bullmastiff.

I had two in my teens. OK - they're not small. In fact, they're HUGE. But check this out - they are lazy as can be. I'm talking about furniture. They're practically footstools. I mean, sure, they like to go for walks and they like to go for car rides. But they don't want to run and they don't want to fetch. They're fine in a fairly small space. They don't care for extreme heat or cold, so they're INDOOR dogs, but they won't tear your house up.

They're NOT yappy - ours NEVER barked unless someone pulled into the driveway or knocked on the door. And they're intimidating as can be (100+ pounds and giant head with a proportionally giant mouth), but they're big teddy bears.

If you want a dog to hang out with, and you're down with the occasional walk and yard access (just like you'd do with a terrier), these are GREAT dogs. Not athletes, not supermotivated dogs, just GREAT BIG easygoing animals.

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries