View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 06:19 AM   #11
longranger

Quote:
Why do people keep thinking this is such a up for remmy's?. What are you going to up grade and why did you not just buy it that way to start?. Buy a cheap remmy and put $800.00 of up grades to it. Could have just bought a good remmy to start with. The only up grades I can think of worth while is a trigger and a stock. That's 2 up grades pretty much offered in any rifle you buy. Not exclusive to remmy's.
Remington has the track record,thousands of gunsmiths have the knowledge and skills to enhance the accuracy.My question would be, Why is it that that the 700 action is the most copied action for custom gun makers in the high end "L/R" game ? Compare what's available for Savage and Remington, there is no comparison. Barrel makers, stock makers,again why is that ? Not going to Brownells and getting a off the shelf Bartlein or Shilen barrel for 6-10 different cartridges or 3-5 different tapers for a Savage.You have to hunt around to find someone that will make you one. I am not stuck on any one gunmaker I know whats available and what's not.10:1 Remington 700 actions available for custom builds in the form of used rifles or a custom action. Just the way it is.The Savage action is just not the "go to" action for custom builds and there's a reason.

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries