View Single Post
Old February 7, 2012, 02:34 AM   #12
45long

For deer and a lot of big game

Since I've use my .45 colt buffalo classic for deer hunting I will not use anything else. The only disadvantage is it's range and the price if the ammo if you don't reload. I can tell you from experience when you hit a deer with this round they just fold up. Alot of shooters look at the ballistics and see all the foot pounds of energy comming from a .30 rifle and don't realize the power of a large slow moving bullet. I have shot hogs and they go all the way though them. I push a 260 grain keith bullet @ 1056fps out of my rifle using a light load . For a heavier load i use the Keith load that sends it 1445fps out of rifle and 1224fps from my 7.5 inch Blackhawk. One big advantage is that it doesn't bloodshoot the meat. A wide flat metplat bullet design is devistating.

For all you unbelievers out there here is what the Taylor Knockout figures
say @ 100 yards: excellent on antelope ,coyote,deer, sheep---Good on black bear,caribou,cougar, elk, moose ,wild boar. (and you should see what happens when you switch to a heavier bullet)

and you can load a lot hotter rounds if you have the gun to handle it or you can just but some buffalo boar or corbon hot loads. trust me you will fall in love with this round.

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 8 queries