View Single Post
Old April 18, 2001, 08:13 AM   #22
Mntneer357

You don't always tell all you know

All martial arts are "worth a damn." It is all in your intent and how you practice them that makes it "for self defense" or "for health".

One thing I notice is missing in the previous explanations is the fact that you don't get all the secrets to an art instantly/on the first day. Some martial arts seem very soft or not as violent as others. *BUT* in all martial arts, the techniques become more "effective" as you gain experience/rank.

There are many, many secrets to each art that are only shown to students who have the understanding and experience to know when to and when not to use them. Arts like tai chi, kuntau, pa kua...are all perfect examples. They are arts that seek to "balance" you and your energy and THEN teach you to harness that energy and use it most effectively/efficiently. These arts can be very, very destructive when necessary.

I personally study Shintoyoshin-ryu Jiu-jitsu. The only real difference in all the martial arts is only their name...

I Bid You Peace,
Mntneer357

Page generated in 0.03084 seconds with 8 queries