View Single Post
Old May 12, 2005, 09:11 AM   #49
TheeBadOne

Typical parade of emotions, ignorance, and judgment

It never fails to amaze me that Keyboard Commandos can instantly grasp an entire situation from 15 seconds of shakey night time video...

The lack of information never stops those determined to judge from judging. They even willing jump in the fray without consulting the limited information that is available. For instance, in the shots vs hits category. How many of the judgmental ones missed the obvious fact that Officers were shooting at the tires?
How many missed the reason the first shot was fired? (SUV tried to run over an Officer, if you have sound you can hear it's engine rev and tires squeal, shot follows immediately).
The biggest problem to overcome in a situation like this most likely will never be overcome. The simple fact that unless you've been there/done that, you can't understand a situation like this, period. You can play paint-ball, shoot paper targets on a designed course with backstops and a Range Officer, but nothing substitutes for cold, hard, grimy reality.

Some folks are hung up on "he pointed/gestured at a cameraman".

Think about this for a moment. You're in a gun fight. Gun shots are ringing out. Some are from your fellow Officers, some may be from someone else. That someone may be a vehicle occupant, or may be from someone else in the area who's taking advantage of an opportunity to take a shot at the Police. You see movement coming up on your side, where no movement should be. It's a person (hard to tell much else as it's dark), and they are pointing something at you...

This does not mean others can not comment, it just means they can not fully understand a fluid/dynamic situation and all that goes with it.

Were there mistakes made in this particular incident? Yes, you bet.

I don't think any of the Cops are saying there weren't mistakes made. But there's a world of difference between saying "I think that could have gone better" (which most LEO's are saying) and saying "LOL OMG what an idiot the cops are all fvck ups LOL OMG!!!!!" (which is what a lot of other people are saying).

All the best

TBO

Page generated in 0.03509 seconds with 8 queries