Thread: Rem Model 11
View Single Post
Old October 20, 2010, 03:43 PM   #12
BigJimP

If you're going to shoot some of these old guns ....picking up some spare parts / or a parts gun at a gun show is probably smart.

I see a lot more Auto 5's at my local shows / than Rem mod 11's ...but I pass by that stuff pretty quickly too with only a glance ....there might be tubs of parts laying there ...for the Mod 11's ...

If the OP is a new shooter / and just looking for something inexpenive to shoot / he needs to educate himself on what to look for on these guns and how to evaluate their condition. Its one thing for some of us "old dogs" to debate this issue ...having been around these guns for 40 or 50 yrs ...but I have to wonder at what point does a new shooter just pass on these older guns ...and invest instead in a good practical pump gun ( like a Browning BPS or something ) that will shoot almost forever / at $ 575 new ... / or a few more bucks into one of the newer generation semi-autos.

I talked to a young guy the other day - that said he found some Browning Gold semi-autos, 12 ga, which have not been made for awhile (although they're still made in 10ga ) ...he claimed, still new in the box, in a shop someplace in Idaho ...for around $ 500. So there are still some deals out there ....and on good used guns too ( like the Rem 1100's or the Rem 11-87's ) ...that might be better long term buys than these Rem mod 11's or the Auto 5's ..

Page generated in 0.03485 seconds with 8 queries