Thread: Bulk Brass Prep
View Single Post
Old October 9, 2006, 11:12 AM   #1
castnblast

Bulk Brass Prep

I never had bought bulk brass for rifles before because when I was younger I didn't know any different, and when I got older and new different, I was reloading 300 win mag, and 7mm rem mag. I had plenty of once fired factory brass and didn't shoot enough to "need" to buy bulk brass.

I bought my first "varmint" caliber, 22-250, and love to shoot it, since it doesn't beat me up. I now have the "need" and have bought 500 pieces of fresh brass...

O.K...I'm very familiar w/ case prep. I have measured COL on all cases and they are consistant, (I bought remington brass, and was somewhat surprised based on comments about it) after running them through the full lenght sizer die. I have chamfered the necks inside and out. I'm debating annealing. Has anyone had issues w/ cracked necks on remington brass? Is there anything else I should be doing to prep this brass prior to loading?

I'm not poping p-dogs, just yotes, and an occaisional hog and Javelina. I'm getting 3/8-1/2 inch groups w/ remington once fired brass, so I figured why switch. That's pretty dang good as far as I'm concerned.

Page generated in 0.02445 seconds with 8 queries