View Single Post
Old February 24, 2000, 01:48 PM   #6
Hueco

cjb, first, I do not carry an automatic pistol. Second, you did say that you have had malfunctions with an auto shotgun. All I am trying to say is that it would be a terrible shame to get shot simply because the gun didn't function properly for whatever reason. Say that the probability of a malfunction is 1 in 500 with a clean auto. No, double that -- make it 1 in 1000. In fact, triple that -- make it 1 in 3000. Now according to probability, one time out of every 3000 shots somethign will go wrong. And out of 3000 shots, there is no greater chance that the malfunction will be the first than it will be the last. She could pick up the gun -- only have to fire it once...and that one shot could be the one. I am sorry, I could be wrong. But in my view, HD is not about worrying about probability, it is about saving your life. Again, though I could be totally wrong, I would never choose an auto for a HD gun. And also, if I was seriously worried someone was out to kill me whilst I was walking around -- I'd carry a pump shotgun. All said, and all totaled...she would probably be fine with an auto and NEVER have a single problem. Perhaps I am too over-protective when it comes to women. I just don't want to see or hear of any gal getting hurt or killed for a reason that could have been prevented. If she can't work the action on a pump, then I would have to admit...the next best thing is an auto.

Hueco

Page generated in 0.02590 seconds with 8 queries