Thread: When eating out
View Single Post
Old December 4, 2009, 12:16 PM   #45
ClayInTx

No way out

I’m not a law enforcement officer and I do not fault what the referenced officers did or did not do.

I believe almost every supposition of what they should have done has been expressed, and accomplished nothing for them. They’re dead.

There have been several suggestions of what should be done in the future, some simple, some complicated.

To wit:
Don’t meet at the same place every day. If you’re going to meet regularly with others not in your immediate group it requires a schedule. This becomes predictable also.

Sit where you can watch the door. This means your attention is on the door and not the meeting.

Take a different route home each day. There is a limit to the ways to get home. Every so many days you are going to be going a way you’ve gone before. The BG merely has to wait along one and sooner or later he’ll get you.

I’ll stop laundry listing all the options for the officers. As far as the BG, he had option after option of ways to get to them.

These officers did nothing wrong and they didn’t stand a chance. They fell in the line of duty and are to be honored for their sacrifice. Even military persons get rotated back to Stateside duty after a combat tour; police officers are on the front line from the day they take up the badge until the day they lay it down, and might not be safe from a grudge even then.

I have seen nothing posted in this thread that would prevent another occurrence of a similar tragedy. NOTHING!

There is nothing that CAN be posted to prevent one. NOTHING!

Civilians in a similar situation are in the same predicament, there is really no way to prevent a determined killer, who bides his time and keeps his mouth shut, from eventually getting to you.

So what’s the point in continuing?

Page generated in 0.02672 seconds with 8 queries