View Single Post
Old February 23, 2000, 02:34 AM   #12
BigT

Just one more opinion. I took the 4 day handgun course last October. It's the most amazing feeling, about the second day you begin to feel comfortable, I mean really comfortable with your handgun. I've been shooting more than 20 years, but until this course, I wasn't completely at ease. I guess that comes from most shooting ranges where you can't draw and fire. You stand at a counter, no drawing allowed, and you must shoot slow-fire. My holster time was mostly hunting and plinking, not really drawing to fire. Believe me, by the second day you are getting accustomed to drawing and firing! The instructors were professional, courteous and quite friendly. They really add to the class. One of my instructors brought his MP-5 for some of us to try out. What a kick! This was early, before class.
Needless to say, I became a first family member. I'll be attending the 4 day shotgun course towards the end of March. Hopefully, I can get back for the 4 day rifle in the fall.
It's expensive, but you get the same feeling of security that you got after finally buying that nice big fire-proof safe you put off for years as the gun collection grew! Please feel free to ask any other questions, I'm no expert but my first experiences have been great. I also attended the free machine gun class last October.
As a side note, I had 2 people in my class from England. The man had only shot rifle and shotgun, so this was his first experience with a handgun. The girl had never fired a weapon of any kind. I spent the first day being quite concerned, since I was right between them! However, the instructors were right there, and by the end of the second day they both were much more comfortable with the Glocks, getting good hits and doing the drills, etc. They had a very positive experience and it was educational to see the instructors work with "newbies". They really have hired the right people for instructors, offering to meet early for extra training and being available during lunch and breaks to talk or work with students. Sorry for the long post..
HTH
Tom

Page generated in 0.03325 seconds with 8 queries