View Single Post
Old December 5, 2002, 08:55 AM   #10
BigG

Just remember I was at a gunshow about six months ago and saw a bunch of new 16 bores. I was looking for a Browning Superposed and saw quite a few Browning 16ga O/Us, also, believe Remington pumps and automatics. IMHO, a fad.

The 16 was popular at one time but when you try to buy a box of shells they are about $10, if you can find any. As Dave said, the different gauges used to be tailored to the cartridges so a 16 ga was actually 3/4 the size of a 12 ga and a 20 was 3/4 the size of a 16. That is not the case any more where the 16 is built on a 12 action for economy.
The Browning O/U MAY BE built smaller than a 12 but I did not look at them all that hard because I was not interested in a 16. Make mine a 12 and I'll load it light if I want less performance.
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC

Page generated in 0.02695 seconds with 8 queries