View Single Post
Old December 6, 2013, 11:05 AM   #18
Clark

I have experimented with shooting soft Lead balls.

1)
a) I have seated the ball all the way down to compress 1 gr of powder. This gives 10X the power of a Lead ball in the case mouth with 1 gr of powder, but makes the same amount of noise. With 1 gr powder, there is no worry about pressure, the more the better and the more expansion ratio the more efficiency.
b) I have seated the ball all the way down to the case web with NO powder. This will still penetrate cardboard and makes lots of noise with a handgun length barrel.

2) I have chamfered the case mouth until sharp. Then put a board under the top arch of the reloading press frame. Then I raise the primed and charged case onto a section of shogun plastic wad. This cookie cutters a wad into the case. I then seat a bullet deeply on top of it. This prevents the gas getting past the bullet which can cause Leading and loss of power.

3) I have shorted a case, made a special die, and used to presses in series to form a lead ball into the shape of a bullet while in the case mouth. I did this to seal the gas at the chamber throat of a wildcat.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02818 seconds with 9 queries